Friday, July 16, 2010

27





I once met the most magical, miraculous, marauding man.

a man of subtle poise, electric grace, rife with potential in endless tomorrows.

who dazzled with quiet explosions,
and collected astonishment in blinks of his winking eyes.

a man who carried the meaning that makes me shake in the creases over his brow like so many feathers resting in a pillow.

a man who knew things beyond what I know,
and told me about them in short flashes of shocking nonchalance.

for one fierce moment I became brave enough to ask-

what is there, over the edge, after you fall off? down in the deep space that you can't see from a safe distance - once you summon your courage and go. what is there to be claimed?

the man smiled. his eyes glimmered. it made the creases sharpen above his brow-

more edges for falling off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thislifethislifethislife – existing is an epic event with too much magnitude.