Tuesday, May 11, 2010

a glimpse


Wan sun masked enormous stars my mind knew were there.
Flat ground appearing still moved beneath my feet in unending spin.
Sensation sprung from the waiting sublime spread the gap, letting what lay beyond come forth in its infinite rush.
There it was - just like she always said.


I stood fixed in the bliss of its stare. What wouldn't be described in explaining terms showed my consummate love for getting closer. Its surge enveloped my head, crowding out the noise, the pointless detail. The definition cutting up what made more exalted sense whole. Spreading sped my heart until every vein rejoiced, carrying the light that made the living moment coalesce.
Then the thought that counted was able to present itself.
Is it possible, when consumed in the terror of what overwhelms, to see that it can be temporary? To see that obliteration can pass like a harsh season, leaving what lasts fresher roots to descend in deeper earth?
Of course.